Hair extensions are now a widely used product for hair styling. They are worthy to buy but are not cheap. So if you want use them over a long period of time, you should learn how to take care of them. It doesn’t take much of your efforts but if you completely be careless about them you will lose a great deal of time. Natural hairs get their nutrition and oils through their roots from our scalp. But hair extensions need to be taken care of on a regular basis. If you don’t manage to look after them, they will lose their shine, volume and smoothness. Especially tape in hair extensions care is important because they are partially permanent. You don’t have un-tape it every day and it can last for few weeks if taken care properly.
Tips for caring hair extensions
- Try to keep your hair extensions tangle free and clean.
- Comb your hair extension 2, 3 times a day to keep it smooth and tangle free.
- Before sleeping check carefully if the hair extension is fully dry or not. Preferably braid them to keep hairs straight and smooth.
- Do not iron directly on the tabs of tape in hair extensions. It can weaker the bond and make them slip out.
- While conditioning your natural hairs remove tape in hair extensions. And if you want conditioning of extension hairs do it from mid-shaft to the end.
- While applying serums avoid contacting from the tape. Apply from mid-level to the end.
- Reapply your tape in hair extension after every 4,5 weeks. To keep the bonds closer to the scalp and to keep your natural hairs healthy.
- If you are losing significant amount of hairs, then tape in hair extensions is not a best thing for you.
- Consult a physician if you feel irritation or itching using tape in hair extensions.
Techniques to care hair extensions
Washing tape in hair extensions is a bit tricky and takes a long time. But don’t worry as you don’t have to do it daily. You can wash hair extensions once in a fortnight. To apply shampoo you have to lift the bonds and massage the shampoo in between the layers. To rinse your hair apply the same procedure
As I said earlier hair extensions take a longer time to get greasy and dirty. So you can half wash your crown while braiding your tape in extensions to avoid them getting tangled. Many stylists recommend this as a hair hack.
After washing your hair it’s better to apply a de-tangler thoroughly on your hairs. Then wait for about half an hour before combing your hairs. After that you can blow dry your hairs. Keep in mind to blow the air on a medium heat and try to focus on scalp. Make sure that the bonds are dried properly.
If above given secrets of how to care hair extensions are applied one can have a beautiful set of hairs for a long period of time.